The audition info…
Auditions are held twice a year. -next audition date- August 15th!
- Students will receive an audition time slot based on age and current level placement.
- Students must arrive at least 10 minutes before their assigned time slot.
Location 547 Long Point Road Unit 105.
Pay the $25 audition fee and get an audition time slot (which are limited) immediately
- This non-refundable fee holds their spot in the auditions.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get a time slot
Wear: arrive dressed to dance.
- Girls: leotard and jazz pants, with jazz shoes. Boys: plain t-shirt, jazz pants, and jazz shoes.
- Hair up in a polished bun. If too short, to go into a bun, pin off their face (boys, too).
- No jewelry
What to Bring
- Audition Form
- A headshot (does not need to be a professional).
- Music (depending on their age, see below)
AT THE AUDITIONS
- 15 minutes to learn a combination of choreography. -WEAR DANCE CLOTHES
- Then present the dance in small groups.
- They will sing one at a time
- Perform Monologues if they are rising 4th grade and above.
- They will be scored on their professionalism during the audition in addition to their singing, acting, and dancing scores.
||How to Prepare for each age group
|Rising 8th-12th graders:
- Memorize a one-minute monologue found in scripts, monologue books, or Google
- Examples of appropriate monologues: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WgI4mip6MHfsFyF-_UZHd04eMCo04Li5O0CoCzZZWvU
- 30 seconds to 1 minute cut of any musical theater song with sheet music provided that states “start” and “end”. They need to provide properly marked sheet music in the correct key for the accompanist.
- Workshop for using sheet music will be from 6:15-6:45 on April 8
- They must also be able to provide the tempo for the accompanist
|Rising 4th-7th Graders:
- Memorize a 30 second monologue found in scripts, monologue books, or Google
- 30 seconds to 1 minute cut of any musical theater song (not pop tune)
- Provide a karaoke track without guide vocals of their song selection.
-To cut a song in Itunes: go to File> Get Info > Options > Enter the start and end time (30-60 seconds long, Not the whole song). Listen to the track to figure out the exact second you need to start and end it.
|Rising 1st-3rd Graders:
- Need to prepare ONE of the following selections: “Part of Your World” Little Mermaid, “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” Cinderella, “Walk the Plank” Peter Pan, “It’s Possible” Seussical
- We will send you the music upon sign up. Learn the song by listening to the tracks with the guide vocals, practice as often as possible with the music without vocals. Memorize the lyrics and practice the way they will present the song (without the vocal track, introduce themself).